Biblical Keys for Discerning True and False Prophets/Tests
Ce page n'est pas encore traduit de l'anglais. Nous apprécions votre patience. Si vous voulez, vous pouvez nous aider à traduire.
Bible tests for true and false prophets
|Bible passages that describe what a person should do in order to see truth|
Bible Tests for True and False Prophets
|Of True||Of False|
Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly, they are ravening wolves.
Wherefore, by their fruits shall ye know them.
Claims a True Prophet must make
- Revelation and Vision
- Chosen by God
- Ordained by prophesy and the laying on of hands by those in authority
Teaching of Christ
- Christ ordained by God to judge all men, and
- Teaches belief on him for remission of sins
- Testifies that Jesus is "come in the flesh"
- Apostles and prophets given "till we all come in a unity of the faith"
- Accepts the Biblical God
Character of Teaching
- Preaches Repentance
- Teaches of one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of all
- Teaches by the spirit, so that your faith stands in the power of God
- Opens understanding of the scriptures
- Teaching consistent with scripture
- Provides knowledge of the heavenly council
- Provides knowledge of the Lord's covenant
- They teach their followers to expect trials in this life
- Seeks to please God, not men
- Teaches with authority, and not as a scribe
- They lead as willing ensamples to the flock, not for filthy lucre
- Recognizes and is united with authorized prophets
- They admit to being men of passion, like us, liable to sin
- God bears them witness with signs and gifts of the Holy Ghost according to his own will
- A prophet may do works none other man did.
- Teaches that the investigators must keep his words to learn the truth of them.
- Teaches that we must pray
- Over time, arguments against a prophet fail, and demonstrate confusion